Tuesday, September 8, 2009

My One and Only Shot

Today was the first day of school. Today was the last first day of school for Zach. Oh sure, he'll have first days each year of college but today was the last first day that I will be giving him a quick hug and sending him off to school from home sweet home.

He knew better than to argue when I pulled out my camera and I knew better than to push my luck by taking more than one picture. I had one shot and one shot only...literally. I forgot to charge my camera battery and was only able to take one picture before the battery died. It's not quite a smile but I'll take it. I can't say I blame him for being less than chipper - I guess I wouldn't be too thrilled if I had to tackle AP Physics first thing in the morning.



Lucky for me, Eric leaves for school a half hour later than his brother so I had time to quick-charge the battery. Unlike Zach, Eric is more than happy to oblige his mother when it comes to posing for pictures.

This is my 8th Grader - Student Council president and goofball extraordinaire.



It's not even 9:00 and I miss 'em already.